2015-2016 Academy Information Coming Soon!
2014 Leadership Academy:
Developing Advocates for Sustainability
Session 2: September 16-18
The Green Chips Leadership Academy was created by sustainability leaders from the public and private sectors for the purpose of developing effective mid-level leadership through a combination of leadership and communication skills-building together with training on the business case for sustainability. The Leadership Academy is an excellent opportunity to build internal leadership capacity, develop and optimize cross-organizational learning, and foster greater collaborative community partnerships.
The Green Chips Leadership Academy was created to effect long term and meaningful impact by addressing three critical functions for change:
- First by connecting with the deep individual core values of the participants; their attitudes, beliefs and behaviors at work.
- Clarifying the larger vision – personal as well as organizational as to Why sustainability is important, What their particular leadership role is and How this can be accomplished.
- Assessing the skills, systems and structures that need to be in place to support long term organizational success.
Leaders who participate will become integral partners in transforming Southern Nevada into a more livable, sustainable community.
Purpose of the Trainings
The Leadership Academy develops the skill sets and confidence managers need to become sustainability-conscious leaders who take responsibility for ensuring high quality work with lowest impact on the environment while creating a culture of pride and accountability within their teams.
Key Outcomes for Managers who Participate in this Training
- Increased self-awareness of their approach to both managing and leading, and their impact on others through more effective communication.
- Become connected to their own purpose and vision for managing and leading from a sustainability perspective.
- Attain skills and strategies to lead more effectively and confidently across differences.
- Create relationships with public and private agency participants that promote shared learning and ongoing partnerships on sustainability initiatives.
- Come away with a clear understanding of the business case for sustainability and give participants a toolbox to bring back to their department and leadership of the many benefits of sustainable practices to employee health, well-being; to their productivity and the bottom line.
- Leave feeling inspired, self- confident and ready to lead!
- 24 hour course delivered over three (3) days, May 20-22 (Session1) and September 16-18 (Session 2)
- Content Overview:
- The first two days are focused fully on leadership development
- Day three is focused on next steps and real-time application for individual organizations
Success Stories and Attendee Satisfaction
2013 Participant Evaluation Survey results (Participants included Caesars Entertainment, Southern Nevada Water Authority and the City of Las Vegas):
- 93% of participants reported that they are committed to being a leader in their organization’s sustainability efforts as a result of this training.
- 94% of participants reported that this training was valuable in terms of developing leaders for their organization’s sustainability initiatives.
- 96% of participants reported that this training was valuable to them personally.
- 98% of participants said they would recommend this training for others in their organization.
2013 Participant Comments:
The most practical or useful training ideas for me to take back to work were that most limitations are self-imposed. Everyone has a strength and a way to be a team member. Everyone has the potential to be a leader.”
Since my supervisor had previously participated, we have a better appreciation (work relation) of each other. I had seen a change, now I understand where the change came from.”
This was the best and most valuable training I have ever had in 25 years while employed with the City of Las Vegas. I wish this training could be shared with my command staff and peers.”
Presentation To Your Staff/Leadership
Members of the staff and board of directors of Green Chips are happy to provide an in-person presentation of this program at your facility.
How to Enroll
Please complete the sponsorship form below by August 1st for inclusion in the September 16-18 session. Feel free to email Green Chips or call us at (702) 265-8583 if you have any questions or if you are interested in having a presentation on this program to your organization.
The Leadership Academy program is offered as a benefit for becoming a corporate or small business sponsor of Green Chips. Please refer to the attached Sponsorship Opportunities chart to determine how many participants may attend for each sponsorship level.