3850 Redwood St
Las Vegas, NV 89103
GREEN OUR PLANET TEACHER TRAINING
FOR THE GREEN OUR PLANET OUTDOOR GARDEN CLASSROOM STEAM CURRICULUM
SPONSORED BY Whole Kids Foundation & Switch
– LUNCH & LIGHT REFRESHMENTS INCLUDED –
During the 7.5 hour face-to-face session:
– Learn basic gardening tips
– Explore, try out, and prepare to integrate the lessons created by Green our Planet aligned to Next Generation Science Standards to be used in your outdoor classroom/learning garden.
– Choose a project to benefit your outdoor classroom space and community. Learn from experts on a variety of topics like composting, pollinator gardens, and more.
If you want to receive 1 PDE credit and/or 5 Contact Units you need to complete an additional 7.5 hours:
– Share the progress of your project on CANVAS
– Submit a final presentation of your completed project on CANVAS
– Explore additional resources to help you integrate your outdoor classroom/learning garden into academics and routine.
TEACHERS RECEIVE 1 PDE CREDIT/5 CONTACT UNITS UPON COMPLETION OF TRAINING.
TRAINING COSTS $20. Once you complete the CANVAS assignments, you will be contacted by the PDE office to pay for the 1 PDE fee, $15. So the total cost of this class is $35 dollars if you want 1 PDE credit.
**Middle School or High School teachers can earn PDE credit.
**Charter School teachers are able to earn PDE credit.
**Teachers may receive on-boarding credit for this PDE.