Our Mission & Goals
The stated mission of Green Chips is to encourage and facilitate environmental sustainability initiatives in Southern Nevada, advancing the region’s identity as a sustainable destination, promoting green activity, attracting green investment, and stimulating green jobs. The long-term goal is to make the Southern Nevada region a national leader in environmental sustainability and energy efficiency. Green Chips will function as an umbrella organization to raise awareness; gather financing sources to advance specific sustainability projects; and coordinate a green identity for the region. The organization to replace existing community efforts, but seeks to supplement and magnify those efforts that contribute to the region’s identity as a sustainable destination.
Raising Awareness. In conjunction with community partners, Green Chips will seek to offer guidance and leadership to develop a regional green ethos:
- Promoting environmental sustainability
- Encouraging involvement of businesses, residents, and visitors
- Educating Southern Nevada about how their individual efforts can make a difference
- Publicizing green initiatives and marketing the region’s quality of life
- Attracting green investment
- Stimulating the creation of green jobs and training programs
Leveraging Green Financing. As a non-profit 501(c)3, Green Chips will aggregate federal, state, local, non-profit and charitable financial programs and resources to encourage renewable energy and conservation projects, offering affordable and effective assistance to both households and businesses seeking to improve environmental sustainability and improve energy efficiency.
Promoting the Region’s Green Identity. The Green Chips public/private partnership will encourage involvement of businesses, non-profits, residents, and visitors alike to advance the region’s identity as a sustainable destination. The long-term mission of Green Chips is to:
- Build Southern Nevada’s reputation for offering a green quality of life
- Have a measurable impact on energy conservation
- Lower the community’s carbon footprint
- Provide a way for the public and visitors to get involved on a personal level